Please remember that extra terms and conditions may apply for use of our facilities or for our online offerings. You must keep to the terms and conditions for booking and using our facilities, which can be found on our website.
All of these terms and conditions apply to you, and apply at all times, they take priority over anything a member of our team may have said.
From time to time we will need to contact you about your membership, so it is important you let us know if your address, contact phone number or email address changes.
All correspondence regarding your membership should be in writing and either:
- Emailed to email@example.com or
- Posted to Membership Accounts Team, LED Community Leisure Ltd, Unit 16a, Woodbury Business Park, Woodbury, Exeter, EX5 1AY
1. Starting your Membership?
- Membership benefits may vary across LED Community Leisure Ltd facilities.
- A non-refundable joining fee is payable when taking out a membership. If you cancel and wish to re-join at a later date, you will be required to pay the fee again.
- Your membership will begin on the day that you apply for your membership and will run for an initial period of one full calendar month starting from the 1st of the month after the date you made your membership application in addition to the month during which you joined
- You will need to pay a pro rata membership fee from the day that you join until the 1st of the following month
- If you are receiving a membership concession, you will need to validate this every six months Passport to Leisure (PTL) or 12 months (Student/Corporate/Blue Light) by providing evidence of the continued entitlement as follows:
A. Students: NUS card or written confirmation that you are in full-time education.
B. Corporate/Blue Light: evidence that you are employed by, or a member of a relevant organisation.
C. PTL: evidence that you or your household is in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Employment & Support Allowance or Universal Credit (Demonstrating annual income under £7400)
- Tax Credit NHS Free Prescription or HC2 Certificate
- Housing Benefit or UC with Housing Element
- Guaranteed Pension Credit or Guaranteed Pension & Savings Credit
- Council Tax Support (income related only)
- Free School meals (for children aged 3+. Parents must ALSO receive one of the above benefits OR Child Tax Credit (without working Tax Credit, income under £16190) OR Working Tax Credit run-on OR Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
6. Membership concessions will take effect from the first billing cycle after LED receive your validation evidence. LED will not apply membership concessions retrospectively.
7. When you join, we will take your photograph. This will only be used check your identity when you enter our facilities.
8. All memberships are subject to a 14-day cooling off period during which, if you wish to cancel, you must submit your request in writing
If you use any of the facilities during the 14-day cancellation period, we will deduct a pro rata fee to cover this period and we will then refund the balance of any fees already paid (excluding the non-refundable Joining Fee).
2. Membership Types
- You are only entitled to use the facilities available within your purchased membership package. Your local facility will advise you of the range of facilities available to you and when you can use them. Your membership package may have certain restrictions which only apply to that type of membership. We will inform you of these restrictions either when you join or if you change your membership package (whichever is applicable).
- Not all membership packages may be available at all facilities, at all times.
- When an Under 16 member reaches the age of 16, their membership will be automatically upgraded to a Student Membership
- If you need someone to help you use the facilities at your facility such as a carer or support worker, they will not have to pay a fee and they can be signed in as a guest. The assistance will only be able to use the facilities to help your during your activity.
3. Changing your Membership Package
- We appreciate that your needs can change over time, so you can apply to change your membership package at any time by contacting your local facility.
- You may need to provide proof that you qualify for the new membership package you are applying for. Please refer to clause 5 under ‘Starting your Membership’
- When you change packages, your membership fees will change to the fees currently advertised for the new membership. You will have to pay any difference in fees between your new membership and your old membership, where applicable.
- Any changes to your monthly payments will apply from the beginning of the next billing cycle, as long as we receive notice of the change at least 10 days before the billing cycle commences.
4. Transferring to Another Facility
- If you transfer your membership to a facility where your current membership package is not available, an alternative will be offered. Please note that you will be subject to any variation of terms and conditions or fees appropriate to the new membership package.
5. Length of Membership
- Unless you end your membership under the 14 day cooling off period (see ‘Ending your Membership’) or we cancel it (see ‘Cancelling your Membership’), it will run for the initial period and will then continue indefinitely until you give at least one full calendar month’s written notice, in line with our cancellation policy
- The ‘initial period’ is the full calendar month period from the 1st of the month after the date you made your membership application, together with the part of a month, as mentioned in ‘Starting your Membership’.
- Your minimum commitment is to pay for the first full calendar month of your membership with LED Community Leisure Ltd (together with the part of a month as mentioned in ‘Starting your Membership’).
- If you want to end your membership at the end of the initial period you must give us one full calendar month’s written notice, on or before the first day of the first full month of your membership.
6. Membership Fees
- The Direct Debit agreement is a legally binding contract between you and LED Community Leisure Ltd. It represents a commitment by you to remain a member for at least the initial period and to pay all membership fees due.
- Proof of identity will be required when setting up a Direct Debit. All Direct Debits are collected on the 15th of the month and cover the first to last day of the month during which they are collected (known as the billing cycle). Recurring card payments are collected monthly depending on the date of sign up.
- Where recurring card payments are available, if you are not using your own payment card to pay for your membership you must gain the permission of the cardholder before entering payment details. By signing up for your membership, you are confirming that you have obtained the express permission of the cardholder to use their card.
- For Annual memberships, the membership fee is due for renewal every year and covers the year to come.
- For a rolling monthly Direct Debit membership, your membership fees are due on a specified date each month and cover the billing cycle. You must pay for your membership by making monthly payments by Direct Debit, or by recurring card payment where available. For the option of changing your Direct Debit collection or recurring card payment date to the 1st of the month, please contact your local facility.
- Membership fees are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- From time-to-time LED Community Leisure Ltd may offer free or paid trial offers. These offers will be subject to their own terms and conditions which will be available to any participating member.
- You must provide us with a valid payment method in order to initiate a trial offer.
- Upon expiration of the trial period your membership will automatically renew at the relevant monthly or annual fee as applicable. LED Community Leisure Ltd will automatically charge your default payment instruction.
- If you do not wish to continue your membership after the trial period, you must give us one month’s notice in writing prior to the end of the trial period (see ‘Ending your membership’)
7. Membership Cards
- As soon as possible after you make your membership application, we will give you a free membership card that must be used each time you enter a facility.
- We may refuse entry without a membership card or band.
- If you lose your card, we will provide a replacement card free of charge.
- If you lose your band, we will charge you a fee of £2.50 for each replacement.
- You must not lend your membership card or band to another person. We may ask to see another form of identification (besides your membership card) before we allow you into our facilities.
- If another person uses your membership card or band, we have the right to end your membership. Please see ‘Cancelling your Membership’.
8. Other Charges
- There may be an extra charge for a small number of facilities and services. You can get a list of the current charges from your local facility.
- LED Community Leisure Ltd reserves the right to review fees for use of its facilities and will endeavour to give you a minimum of one month’s notice of any changes.
- Charges may vary from time to time and from facility to facility. For details of all charges and fees, please contact your local facility.
9. Suspending Your Membership
- Should your circumstances substantially change to the extent that you cannot continue to use LED Community Leisure Ltd facilities, for example poor health or redundancy, please contact a member of our memberships team, in confidence, to discuss your options.
- Memberships will only be suspended on proven medical grounds (with supporting documentation) or at the discretion of the Membership Accounts Team. Suspensions must be for full calendar months for a minimum of 1 month and a maximum of 3 months. Only one suspension is permitted within any 12-month period. The monthly payment instruction must not be cancelled during your suspension, as payments will need to restart on your return to active membership.
- If you want to suspend your membership you will need to let us know in writing via:
- online form, or
You must tell us the initial month for the suspension and the number of months you want it to last.
- The suspension will take effect from the first day of the month following the date we receive your request. You must make sure that the memberships team have received the membership suspension request. As the suspension will not take effect until we have received the form, we strongly advise that you get proof that we have received it. For example:
- If you send us notice by email, we will send a delivery receipt.
- If you use the online suspension form, we will send you an automated receipt.
- If you complete a suspension request at your facility, ask for a copy.
- We will confirm, in writing, that we have received this form and the date when the suspension will begin. If you do not receive this confirmation within 14 days, you must immediately let us know.
- If you participate in any activities whilst your membership is on suspend you will be subject to our pay as you go charges.
- Throughout the time any membership is suspended, we reserve the right to charge you a nominal monthly fee for each month that the membership is suspended. This will not be applicable to Under 16 memberships.
- Your membership will automatically restart at the end of the suspension. Please note we do not send reminders.
- Suspending your membership is not the same as ending your membership.
10. Non-Payment of Membership Fees
- A £12.50 charge will be made for all failed payment collections.
- Failure to pay all applicable charges will result in debt recovery actions being invoked.
- We will contact you to let you know if your monthly payment fails. You will be required to make an immediate BACs or Card payment to clear the arrears.
- If you do not pay for your membership, your access to all LED facilities will be restricted. This does not mean we will end your membership.
- Cancelling your direct debit or recurring card payment does not mean you have given us notice to end your membership. You must give us written notice in line with our notice policy (see ‘Ending your Membership’).
11. Ending Your Membership
- We calculate your membership in whole calendar months. This means that the following applies.
- Anywhere in these terms and conditions where we ask you to give notice of one calendar month, if you give notice during a month, we will treat it as if we received it on the first day of the following months and the notice period will run from that day. For example, if you need to give us one month’s notice to end your membership and we receive your notice between the 1st and 31st May, your notice will start from 1st June and will run out on 30th June. Your membership will end on 30th June, and you will pay one more instalment (on 1st June) after giving notice.
- There are no exceptions to this rule.
- All memberships will run to the last day of the month of the notice period.
- At least one full month’s notice of cancellation must be given, and you must not cancel your payment instruction until the notice period has expired and the membership ends.
- Only you can give notice to end your membership.
- If you want to give notice, it must be in writing:
- Via the online cancellation form;
- By post; or
- Via a form in the leisure facility.
- Your notice is not effective until we have received it. We strongly advise that when you give notice you get proof that we have received it. For example:
- If you send us notice by post, send it by recorded delivery (we will have to sign the delivery notice when we receive it);
- If you send us notice by email, we will send a delivery receipt;
- If you hand your notice in at your leisure facility, ask for a copy
- If you use the online cancellation form, we will send you an automated receipt.
- We will send an email to confirm that your cancellation has been processed. If you do not receive this confirmation within 14 days, you must contact us immediately to let us know so that we can check whether we have received it.
- The notice periods and the restrictions on giving notice in the initial period are set out in ‘Length of Membership.
12. Cancelling Your Membership
- LED Community Leisure Ltd reserves the right to refuse application for membership, or to withdraw membership, if any of our terms and conditions are contravened.
- LED Community Leisure Ltd reserves the right to cancel this agreement at any time, with one month’s written notice.
- If we need to give notice to you:
- It will be effective if we send it to the address or email address, we have in the records we hold about you;
- If we give you notice during a month, our notice period will run from the first day of the following month.
- LED Community Leisure Ltd will not tolerate our staff or our members being physically or verbally abused, intimidated, or threatened. If we find this to be the case, we have the right to:
- report you to the police;
- ban you immediately and permanently from your local facility and all other LED Community Leisure Ltd facilities
- cancel your entire membership.
- We may also cancel your entire membership in the following circumstances:
- If you repeatedly break this membership agreement or the facility rules and you do not or cannot put it right within seven days of us writing to you about it.
- If, with your knowledge or permission, another person uses your membership card to get into any facility.
- If you use rude or abusive language or behave or threaten to behave in a violent or aggressive way at any LED Community Leisure Ltd facility.
- If we receive any complaint about your behaviour at any LED Community Leisure Ltd facility or if you persistently behave inappropriately, or if we believe that your continued membership is not in the interests of other members of your facility, we have the right to suspend your entire membership. You have the right to appeal against our decision (unless your behaviour is covered by clause 4). You can get details of our appeal procedures from our website or from any LED Community Leisure Ltd facility. If we are not able to sort out the issue following your appeal, or if you do not appeal in line with our appeal procedures, we have the right to cancel your entire membership.
- If we cancel your membership for any of the reasons in clause 4 or 5, we have the right to keep a proportion of the money you have paid under this agreement to cover any reasonable costs we have had to pay. We will also not accept any future applications you make for membership to any LED Community Leisure Ltd facility, and you will not be allowed to enter any LED Community Leisure Ltd facility as a guest or for any other reason.
13. Changing Your Membership Fees & This Agreement
- LED Community Leisure Ltd reserves the right to review fees for use of its facilities and will endeavour to give you a minimum of one month’s notice of any changes either in writing or by displaying a notice in your facility.
- LED Community Leisure Ltd reserves the right to change or withdraw membership products and will endeavour to give you a minimum of one month’s notice of any changes either in writing or by displaying a notice in your facility.
- We may make reasonable changes to this agreement, to these terms and conditions at any time, as long as we give you notice before we make the changes either in writing or by displaying a notice in your facility.
14. Changes to Your Facility, its Amenities, Services or Activities
- All activities are subject to availability and LED Community Leisure Ltd reserve the right to cancel, amend, suspend, or withdraw classes and/or activities at any time.
- Facilities may become unavailable, e.g. due to adverse weather, planned maintenance or reasons outside our control etc. These will be advertised prior to closure where possible, and you will be encouraged to use our alternative facilities. Refunds will not be made unless the closure exceeds a two-week period.
- If we have to close facilities or amenities for reasons outside our control, we will try our best to provide other facilities or consider whether we should suspend collection of your subscription.
- We will display details of the opening and closing times for your facility at reception. Opening times may vary during the Christmas period and on other bank holidays. We will let you know about these temporary changes by displaying a notice at your facility. We will aim to give you at least one month’s notice if we reduce the opening hours of your facility.
15. Complaints and Feedback
- LED Community Leisure Ltd strive to ensure that our customers are satisfied with the services we provide. We realise that, at times, we do not always get things right and therefore if we make a mistake or you have any feedback regarding our facilities, we would like to know about it as soon as possible.
- If you have any feedback, speak to a member of the team at your facility or use the online form in the “Contact us” section of our website, labelled “Customer Feedback”.
- If you are dissatisfied with any part of your visit whilst at one of our centres, you can speak directly to one of our team members or ask to see the a member of the management team. If you wish to put your concerns in writing, please use the online form in the “Contact us” section of our website, labelled “Customer Feedback”.
- We do not accept liability for any loss or damage to your property that may happen on the premises or within the grounds of your facility or any other LED Community Leisure Ltd facility, other than the liability which arises from our negligence or our failure to take reasonable care.
- We do not accept liability for the injury or death of any member, child or guest that may happen on the premises or within the grounds of your facility or any other LED Community Leisure Ltd facility, other than the liability which arises from our negligence or our failure to take reasonable care.
- We do not accept liability for any losses you may suffer as a result of unauthorised third-party access to the information you transmit when signing up for a membership online, other than the liability which arises from our negligence or our failure to take reasonable care. It is your responsibility to ensure proper protection of your personal details (including payment details) during the online process.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions is meant to limit any rights you might have as a consumer.
17. Data Protection
18. Children and Vulnerable Adults
- LED Community Leisure Ltd facilities are available for everyone to enjoy. In order to protect the more vulnerable sections or our community, we have several specific policies in place, which can be found on our website. These include:
- Safeguarding policy for children and vulnerable adults
- If you need someone to help you use the facilities at your facility such as a carer or support worker, they will not have to pay a fee and they can be signed in as a guest. The assistant will only be able to use the facilities to help you during your activity.
- Whilst we welcome children to our facilities, they must behave reasonably. They must not put themselves or other people in danger or prevent other members from enjoying the facility or it’s amenities. If a child is behaving unreasonably, we will endeavour to contact an adult with parental responsibility for that child and will discuss this behaviour with them.
- After an initial discussion and if the matter cannot be resolved, all children are subject to the terms set out in “Cancelling your membership”.
All T’s and C’s will be reviewed in August 2022