About & Info
Why LED Training and Education?
LED believe that to develop personally and professionally you need to have the right qualifications, theoretical and practical skills to enhance your career opportunities. The LED Tutors and Assessors each have a wealth of technical and vocational competence and are actively teaching in the industry.
Taking a course with us gives you the knowledge and skills to work with confidence and achieve success in your career. All LED courses lead to certified and internationally recognised qualifications.
Mandatory Training is an essential legal requirement, recognised for employment, enhancement and development.
National Pool Lifeguard Courses 2022
RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification – NPLQ
Have you thought about a career in the leisure industry or are you looking to earn some money on the side of your education? We are looking for lifeguards to join our friendly team at LED Community Leisure.
We are running RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Courses at Honiton Leisure Centre and Exmouth leisure Centre through 2022.
Being a Lifeguard at LED Community Leisure is great because…
- You’ll develop highly sought-after skills, like self-confidence, teamwork and communication, as well as the ability to save lives
- It’s an incredibly rewarding job and leaves you feeling really positive at the end of a shift
- You get to meet people from all walks of life and make new lifelong friends
- We offer a great work/life balance, with family-friendly shift opportunities, as well as brilliant leisure perks which the whole family will enjoy.
Full attendance is required along with the following pre-course requisites:
- Be 16+ years of age on the date of assessment
- Jump / dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in no more than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and 100m continuously on back
- In deep water, tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out of the pool unaided without using a ladder / step where the pool design permitsThe cost of the course is £250 inclusive of course materials and includes a separate qualification in AED (automated external defibrillation).
If you would like to know more details on this course, simply click the link below.